Let IT Leaders look after your business Telephony needs.
Whether your needs are basic, with just a handful of standard landlines, or you require fully featured PBX systems, IP telephony systems, cheap VoIP calls and advanced routing services, we have got you covered.
Note: If you have been told to check out the awesome TalkSwitch products… click here to scroll down now!
VoIP v’s Traditional Telephony – A One Minute Briefing
VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol, means making telephone calls over the Internet. It is also know as “IP Telephony”.
VoIP is potentially a way for businesses to save a significant amount of money, and/or add special features to their telephone systems.
There is some confusion in business owner’s minds over what VoIP is, how it should be used, and whether it can save your business money.
Here is a quick overview of your 3 options with telephony equipment:
1. Traditional (analog) landlines & PABX systems
This refers to the old phone lines that have been around for many decades. They can be single (eg, a phone line for calling, and a fax line for faxing) or they can be combined into an office environment using a PABX. (For example, 10 incoming phone lines, being used by 18 office phone handsets.)
- Landlines have dedicated physical cables for every call, so they are the most reliable.
- If using just a basic telephone handset, they will work in a power outage.
- One line per call equals high cost of infrastructure to phone companies, which in turn equals high line rental and high call costs to you.
- Not easily scaleable. (Want another phone number? Wait 2 weeks for Telstra to install one for you…)
- Not easily reconfigurable, or requires specialist assistance.
IT Leaders is a reseller for several traditional phone Telcos, so if your neesd are basic or you have an existing system you don’t want to change, give us a call.
2. A series of consumer-level products such as Engin, Skype, My Net Fone etc.
- Very cheap to get started (from $129 for a VoIP box with a local phone number.)
- No changes need to be made to your existing phone system
- Quick and easy way to get free calls between office locations, flat rate long distance calls (10c untimed), and cheap international calls.
- You can have local numbers in other cities for an ‘apparent’ presence there, or to enable locals to call you at local rates.
- NOT business grade products – expect occasional dropouts and line noise
- Must have at least a 512K Internet connection, and other activity on this Internet service (such as downloading big files on your computer) can significantly impact the quality of your calls. ADSL 2 and/or a dedicated internet service is recommended.
- Should not be used as a primary indial number due to above reasons.
IT Leaders can guide you on quickly setting up some basic VoIP systems to simply make cheap calls.
3. Business-grade IP Telephony
This means having perfect call quality every time and no dropouts, and this can only be achieved by using dedicated networks, not when routed through usual Internet channels.
- Free calls between office locations and much cheaper call rates than traditional telephony providers.
- Cost savings at your business IF your current expenses are high.
- Easily scaleable – want to add more phones in your office? They can be couriered to you pre-configured…just plug in and they work.
- Mobile – if you have site offices that change regularly, just pack up your phones and move them to the next location and the numbers and internal call routing setup automatically moves with you.
- Must replace your existing phone system.
- Similar initial setup costs to a traditional PBX phone system
- For TRUE business grade services, it must go straight onto the Fibre Optic Internet backbone, (or at least Layer 2 ADSL) which is not available in all areas.
- Best economy achieved when combining Internet and VoIP services with the one provider.
- You will probably NOT get an overall cost saving if you currently spend less than $1500 per month on landlines.
- Notes: Recently iiNet has unveiled a low cost VoIP offering designed specifically for SME businesses. By combining specific call quality controls on their internet network, with a phone system like the Talkswitch below, you can have low cost business VoIP. This is not available in all areas, and you will require an iiNet internet connection plus their VoIP lines, but it could well be a cost saving option for you. Contact us for further information.
IT Leaders works closely with leading Business Grade IP Telephony providers who can provide incredibly flexible and cost-saving IP telephony systems for larger organisations. Please Contact Us for further information and we will be in touch to help assess your needs.
TalkSwitch – The Perfect SME Hybrid Phone Solution
“Right in the middle of all these options with their many pros and cons,
is the most exciting thing to happen in SME Telephony in….well ever really.”
Talkswitch is a series of products that have been available in America for some years, and now in 2008 are finally available here in Australia.
Talkswitch is an incredibly flexible phone system that lets you seamlessly mesh together analog lines & handsets, IP handsets, and cheap VoIP calls.
It is priced to appeal the small enterprise market, and to IMMEDIATELY start offering cost savings.
6 Reasons to Love TalkSwitch Telephone Systems
1. UNBEATABLE VALUE
Great systems, small prices – compare the cost of TalkSwitch to other systems on the market and you’ll see. Here’s some examples:
- Complete phone systems from $1290 (with 4 analog handsets).
- Mid-sized offices…10 handsets with easy-config IP telephony from $2450 (with 10 IP handsets)
- VoIP phone systems from $1200 with free & really cheap phone calls (cents each).
- Scale up further to 8 incoming analog lines, 32 or more extensions, and multiple cheap outgoing voip lines
2. RICH FEATURES
Voicemail, auto attendants, dial-by-name directory, call routing. And much more. TalkSwitch comes complete with the kind of sophisticated features that users of big business PBX phone systems take for granted.
Need Voice over IP? Multi-location integration? No problem; small business VoIP is here. VoIP-enabled TalkSwitch models handle both VoIP and the traditional telephone network. It’s the best of both worlds in one easy-to-use phone system.
4. REMOTE EXTENSIONS
Your work doesn’t stop at the walls of your office. Neither does TalkSwitch. You can add your cell phones or any other telephones, anywhere, as remote extensions of your system. TalkSwitch uniquely connects your mobile and teleworkers.
5. EASY SET-UP
Unlike other telephone systems, TalkSwitch is easy to install, saving you time and money; you can even learn it yourself. And with its easily configured settings, moving employees or changing the way your phone system handles calls is a snap. You can of course get us to do it if you like!
6. FLEXIBLE GROWTH
TalkSwitch has a modular architecture that lets you grow when you need to and add VoIP when you want to. Designed to maintain your investment as you grow, TalkSwitch covers from 1-64 users per location.
Please check out our online catalog for some of the equipment we stock.
Please Contact Us for further information
** This article contains Copyright material. It may be freely linked to but not republished in part of in full without permission.